We offer nationwide RICS surveys ranging across different levels to suit your requirements.
Let us help you to choose the correct level of Survey.
Buying, selling or extending your home can be one of the most exciting times in your life. It is also one of the largest financial commitments you will ever make. It is beneficial to seek expert advice about the condition of the property.
Choosing to undertake a Survey on your new property can help you save money. Identifying risks early or eliminating risk can reduce time and cost spent on your asset. Our surveys intend to give you the best indication of the condition of the property so that decisive action can be taken at the right time.
RICS Condition Report
- A basic form of checking the status of each element of a property.
- A condition report provides a traffic light system status check on the elements of a property in a basic manner.
- Normally instructed for a newer property.
RICS Homebuyer Report
- The middle of the road report intended to give a good, non-intrusive, oversight of a property with or without an additional valuation.
- Testing for Damp, subsistence and giving advice on remedial actions.
- The Homebuyers Report is the most popular report available to property buyers on the market.
RICS Building Survey
- The most comprehensive report covering each element of the property.
- This is a semi-intrusive inspection, and provides cost estimates for repairs.
- The Building Survey is designed to give you the full picture and is mainly aimed at listed properties and properties planned for major renovation.
- Definitely advisable if you are planning a major conversion.
Compare the full features of each survey type.
Here is an easy to use breakdown of each level of survey available and the features they include. The higher the level, the more it includes. If you are still unsure on which level of survey you require, please do not hesitate to get in touch for a free no obligation chat.
Problems that need urgent attention or are serious or dangerous
Matters that need to be investigated further including Legal issues
Standard visual inspection
Allows budgeting for any repairs
Amount of ongoing maintenance
Standard visual inspection and a more extensive roof space and underground drainage inspection
Reinstatement cost for insurance purposes
Establishes what materials were in the construction
Repair timelines & consequences
A longer and more detailed visual inspection
All surveys provided by The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) allow you to make simple comparisons on the matters that need the least or most attention. The order of urgency is shown by Condition Ratings 1, 2 and 3 via a traffic light system.
No repair is currently needed. The property must be maintained in the normal way.
Defects that need repairing or replacing but are not considered to be either serious or urgent. The property must be maintained in the normal way.
Defects that are serious and/or need to be repaired, replaced or investigates urgently.
Contact us on 07976 055268
or email@example.comOpening Hours:
Monday to Friday
Closed on Bank Holidays
Saturday By ArrangementAddress:
Finch Surveyors Ltd
11 Commander Drive
Typical response time: within 3 hours